XTEND™ Stabilized Urea
XTEND™ stabilized urea contains a urease inhibitor that protects urea nitrogen from above ground loss by reducing volatilization to the atmosphere. This is accomplished by inhibiting the urease enzyme from transforming the urea into an ammonia form‚ which can be easily dispersed into the atmosphere. By delaying thistransformation, you will have more urea nitrogen left in the soil for plant uptake.
XTEND™ stabilized urea contains a nitrification inhibitor that affects the urea nitrogen cycle below the surface by slowing down the Nitrosomonas bacteria found in the soil. This slowing down effect of the Nitrosomonas bacteria blocks the conversion of urea to nitrate, thus keeping the urea nitrogen in a nonleaching form.
- Above and below ground nitrogen protection
- Dependable performance across varying soil conditions (e.g. pH, temperature, moisture)
- Quick green-up and sustained color
- Virtually eliminates N loss due to mower pick-up
- Environmentally responsible with low potential for nutrient leaching, denitrification, runoff, or volatilization